Ventura County’s Number One Resource for Firearm Safety, Education, Training, and the Second Amendment
Welcome to the
Ventura County Gun Owners chapter
California Rifle and Pistol Association
We are the “VCGO”!
We are dedicated to firearm safety and education, while developing, maintaining and promoting programs that support the Second Amendment in California.
- Local Community Outreach
- Monthly Meetings
- Keynote Speakers
- Special Training Sessions
Build positive, supportive relationships with local community leaders.
Provide opportunities for comprehensive education and training for new and existing gun owners.
Unite the community by providing a social network for prospective, new and existing gun owners.
Protect Your 2nd Amendment Rights!
VCGO Chapter Programs
- Firearms safety and education
- Firearms training
- Information for prospective and new gun owner
- Women’s shooting groups
- Monthly meetings with special guest speakers
- Action committee working with community leaders and politicians
2nd Amendment Protects Families
- 88% of gun owners own their weapon for crime protection.
- Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6.8 crimes a day.
- Every year, 400,000 life threatening violent crimes are prevented using firearms.
- In 1982, Kennesaw, Georgia passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The residential burglary rate dropped 89% the following year.
- The passage of the national five-day waiting period resulted in no decrease to murder or robbery rates, but a slight decrease in rape and aggravated assaults. The greatest risks were crimes against women.